The October edition of our Facebook Live Q&A Show focused on property management, with special guest Cassie Austin, OpenCorp’s Property Management Operations Manager, discussing the various aspects involved in being a landlord.
(You can check out a video replay of the show below)
Plus our panel of experts – Al Lewison, Matthew Lewison and Cam McLellan – addressed heaps of questions from viewers, including:
- If your borrowing capacity was around $700k – would you opt to buy a house on a bigger block in an outer suburb like Cranbourne/Greenvale OR would you buy a semi-detached (newer) townhouse with a courtyard in an inner suburb like Reservoir or Springvale?
- Which activity centre (Footscray, Sunshine, Broadmeadows, Ringwood, Box Hill, Dandenong, Narre Warren, Frankston) do you believe represents the best value for money and future capital growth, in Melbourne, presently?
- Are high vacancy rates currently in Melbourne (20% according to news reports) currently impacting OpenCorp’s view on investing in Melbourne?
- How would you explain purchasing a property for investment first and rentvesting, rather than buying your “dream home”, to the generation that was brought up to buy their home and work for 30 years to pay it off (but) who shrug when mentioning investing.
- Next 2-3 years Property price will go up or down? Thanks for your information. Great team OpenCorp.
- Do you think property management should be in the state of your investment properties or portfolio ?
It was, as always, an awesome show, with heaps of questions, insights, ideas and laughs!
The next OpenCorp Facebook Live Q&A Show will be on Thursday, November 12, from 7:30 pm.
Follow our Facebook Page for updates. Bring your questions, see you then!